Welcome

Hello knitters and coffee addicts and welcome. Even if you're not a knitter or like the taste of coffee - welcome anyway - to the site that promotes the learning and appreciation of knitcraft and coffee. The hope is that you'll leave here keen to knit, charmed to coffee and hankerin to return.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Center Pull Ball of Yarn

I found this cool site - KnittingHelp.com.  So obvious, why didn't I think of typing this into google earlier?  It's a great site because it has videos!  I've tried to make some videos of me knitting, but I keep making knitting mistakes whenever I'm taping.  Anyway, KnittingHelp.com has videos of basic knitting techniques as well as more advanced techniques like initersia - something I gotta try one day.

The most useful skill, I think, is to create a center pull ball of yarn.  Sure the yarn you get from 
the store is already center pulled but it's a pretty big and loose ball.  Somehow, I usually manage to create a tangled mess when I try to knit directly from an untouched, straight from the store, ball of yarn.  Rewinding the yarn into a small, snuggly wound ball help minimize tangles.  A bonus in all of this is that you can buy more yarn since the yarn balls are so much smaller!

No comments:

Post a Comment